Advising, Transitions, and Student Success
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the following information is to help you through the fall 2020 semester. Please check back regularly for fall 2020 and spring 2021 status updates.
Fall 2020 Virtual Appointments ONLY
847.376.7262 or 847.376.7678 | Primary contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Advising, Transitions, and Student Success is available to answer questions about academic advising. Email and voicemail are checked throughout the day and messages will be responded to within two business days. Please be sure to include your name and Oakton ID Number (B#) in any communications.
Academic advisors meet with students virtually this semester. Thirty-minute appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Some appointments may be made outside of these hours based on advisor availability.
Virtual advising appointment options include:
- Email: Send specific questions (including your Oakton B#) to your academic advisor and allow 1-2 business days for a response.
- Video (via Google Meet) | For a video appointment, you will need a computer with video and audio capabilities.
- Phone (via Google Meet) | For a phone appointment, join the Google Meet appointment via audio only. If you need to contact your advisor by phone, you can find contact information in the Oakton directory.
Schedule your virtual appointment.
Check your Student Profile within myOakton to ensure you have completed all steps to request to meet with an Oakton advisor, and to register for your first semester.
Currently enrolled students or those you have attended previously
- Log into myOakton, and on the home page, select 'Students First'
- Select 'Get Advising' then 'Academic Advisor' as the service category
- Select the reason for your virtual appointment as 'Virtual Advising'
- Select the appointment location: “Virtual”
- Find and select the advisor for the appointment
- Not sure who your advisor is? In myOakton, select ‘Student Profile,’ and scroll until you see ‘Advisor.’
- Select an appointment date/time
- In the comment area, include: the reason for the appointment; your preferred email and phone number; and let us know if you prefer a phone or video appointment.
- Select 'Confirm Appointment’
In addition to your confirmation email, you will receive a follow-up email from your advisor. Before a virtual appointment, you will receive a Google Calendar invitation with both video and voice (only) options to connect to the appointment.
Note: If you are in the TRIO program, are a student-athlete, or you are in a health career or nursing program, email your program-specific advisor to schedule an appointment.