College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Earn college credit at Oakton in many courses through CLEP (College Level Examination Program) testing. A national test site for CLEP, Oakton offers students the opportunity to take tests within the Testing Center and send their results to any college or university that accepts CLEP exams for credit.
- CLEP offers 35 different exams in various disciplines. We have included a listing of the tests Oakton accepts.
- To register and pay for an exam, go to The College Board website.
- Registering for an exam provides you with a payment receipt and a Ticket ID, Bring this with you on the day of the test.
- The tests are given Monday - Friday in the morning or early afternoon at the Des Plaines Testing Center, Room 2409.
- Oakton charges $15 to administer CLEP tests. This is payable on the day of the test.
- Call the Des Plaines Testing Center to schedule your exam. (847.635.1939)
Bring a photo ID (must include your full name and birth date) and the CLEP ticket on the day of the test.
- The college board website has practice and study information https://clep.collegeboard.org/earn-college-credit/practice.
- CLEP preparation guides are available in most libraries and bookstores.
- Modernstates.org - This is a free website with CLEP preparation content.
For more information about obtaining credit for prior learning at Oakton, please visit the admissions section of the website.