Placement Test Schedule
When and Where
Placement tests can be taken at either campus during walk-in hours - however, be aware that the testing centers may become very busy during peak times and current students who require exams for classes will have first priority over placement testing. Placement tests are not given in either testing center during Final Exams because of the increased volume.
Placement tests are also offered periodically on weekday evenings and Saturdays. Dates and locations for those exams are below.
Remote placement testing is available for individuals who live outside the Oakton Community College area. Please contact Oakton's Distance Learning department: firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.635.1970.
For our walk-in test schedule, please refer to our Locations and Hours page.
Note that there will be no walk-in testing from May 13 to May 17 and from July 18 to Jul 25.
Saturday & Evening Testing. If our walk-in hours are not convenient, tests will also be given
- Saturday, May 11, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Go to Des Plaines Room 2627 OR Skokie Room P235
- Wednesday, May 22, 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.: Go to Des Plaines Room 2633 OR Skokie Room P235
- Saturday, Aug 10, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Go to Des Plaines Room 1831 OR Skokie Room P233
- Tuesday, Aug 13, 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.: Go to Des Plaines Room 1831 OR Skokie Room P233
What do you need to bring to a test?
- Photo ID
- Your Oakton ID number (typically begins with a 'B')
- Your Oakton username and password
- Pencil and pen