TRIO Student Support Services
WELCOME TO TRIO STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES AT OAKTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Are you a first-generation college student?
TRIO staff are here to help you achieve your educational goals at Oakton. Students who participate in TRIO are more than twice as likely to achieve their academic goals.
TRIO Student Support Services provides the following services to eligible students:
- Academic Course Selection & Advising
- Transfer Guidance
- Financial Guidance
- College Success Strategies
All services are free to eligible students.
Oakton students are invited to learn more about the TRIO Program if you meet one or more of the following requirements:
- You are a first-generation college student (neither parent has earned a 4-year college bachelor's degree);
- You have a financial need that meets income guidelines (as defined by the Department of Education);
- You have a documented physical or learning disability
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions contact a TRIO at email@example.com to speak set up a time to meet with a staff member, or visit us in person on the Des Plaines or Skokie campus to complete the Request for Services form.