Career/Joint Agreements

Career/Joint Agreements allow Oakton district residents to attend and pay district resident tuition rates at an Illinois community college outside their home district if they are pursuing an Associate in Applied Science degree or certificate not offered at Oakton. This is made possible by Oakton College being a member of the Comprehensive Agreement Regarding the Expansion of Educational Resources (CAREER).

Oakton district residents submitting a Career/Joint Agreement should follow these steps to see if they are eligible:

  1. Apply for admission to Oakton and pay the one-time application fee;
  2. Submit the Career/Joint Agreement form (PDF) (183 KB), along with proof of district residence at least 30 days prior to the start of the term;
  3. Provide a copy of the certificate/degree requirements for the program of interest;
  4. Provide an acceptance letter into the degree/certificate program, if enrolled in a limited enrollment program;
  5. Provide a degree audit or unofficial college transcript, if a renewal applicant; and
  6. Provide determination that the program of instruction is not offered by Oakton College.

Residents of other community college districts who wish to attend Oakton College under a Career/Joint Agreement should contact the Registrar/Admission Offices at their home college.

For more information on Career/Joint Agreement programs, contact the Enrollment Center at 847.635.1700.