Statewide COVID-19 vaccination mandate: Get Vaccinated now and complete the Vaccination Status Form
On Aug. 26, Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker issued a statewide mandate requiring college employees and students to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or get tested weekly for COVID-19.
To comply with this mandate, the College is requiring all employees and students, *except groups specified below, to complete a Vaccination Status Form and upload a photo of their vaccination card or agree to abide by safety protocols for unvaccinated individuals.
Employee Vaccination Status Form:
Student Vaccination Status Form:
- If you are vaccinated:
Document this for the College by uploading a photo of your vaccination card through the Vaccination Status Form linked above to a secure portal as soon as possible.
- If you are not currently vaccinated, but intend to get vaccinated:
Now’s the time to get vaccinated! Once you’re vaccinated, you can then follow option 1, listed above.
- If you do not intend to get vaccinated:
To keep Oakton’s campus locations safe, unvaccinated students and employees – and those who have not submit a Vaccination Status Form – will need to:
- Review and agree to the protocol for unvaccinated students/employees, contained within the COVID-19 Vaccination Status forms linked above.
- Enroll and participate in the College’s weekly Covid-19 testing program administered on Oakton’s campuses (at the College’s expense). The college is developing options to submit negative test results for those unable to complete testing on campus during allotted times. For more information regarding submitting test results from an off-campus testing site, students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org and employees should contact email@example.com.
All individuals — regardless of vaccination status — who come to campus must continue to:
- Wear masks indoors, including classrooms, labs, meeting rooms, hallways and shared workspaces.
- Physically distance on campus.
- Follow quarantine protocols if they test positive or are determined to be in close contact with someone who tests positive.
The easiest and safest option is to get vaccinated if you haven’t already, and complete the Vaccination Status Form! Visit www.vaccines.gov to find the closest vaccine clinic to you.
*Exemptions for specific groups:
- Students whose classes are fully online (no in-person classes) are exempt from the mandate.
- High school students enrolled in Oakton’s Dual Credit program are also exempt.
- Faculty members (full and part-time) whose classes are fully online are exempt from the mandate. (Faculty who come to campus for meetings or events MUST comply with the mandate, even if their classes are taught fully online.)
- Employees who wish to seek a religious or medical exemption should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: Individuals who receive a religious or medical exemption must still submit weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
Additional information for specific student groups:
- High school students enrolled in Oakton’s Concurrent Enrollment program are subject to the mandate.
- Students enrolled in courses at remote sites are also subject to the state mandate.
- Students enrolled in Adult Education or Continuing Education, Training, and Workforce Development programs should contact 847.982.9888 or email@example.com for more information.
- Students enrolled in Health Career programs: Hospitals and many health sector organizations are making the COVID-19 vaccine mandatory. In addition to completing the Vaccination Status Form, contact your program chairperson for further details on how to comply with these clinical requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination and testing documentation will be stored securely and accessed only by appropriate College personnel. With the exception of designated personnel from the Office of Human Resources and Office of Student Affairs, employees and students should NOT ask individuals to disclose their vaccination status or any other questions about their personal health information.